Skip to main content

Early Christmas decorating?!

This year, since I am so lucky to be going to Seattle for Thanksgiving, my dad let me decorate for Christmas early. I normally am allowed to decorate on Black Friday so since I will be gone he gave me a head-start. It is perfect timing since 99.9 started their continuous Christmas music this week!! So exciting, my favorite season is starting! This is my second year decorating the whole inside of the house exactly how I would like and I think dad is regretting giving me so much creative freedom. (I'm kidding, he really does enjoy it too! Maybe not this early though...) Personally, I know that the natural Christmas spirit fades so much as we get older but I am always determined to get everybody feeling very festive. My favorite decorations for the house are definitely the lighted garlands, and shiny tinsel. I love Christmas lights, but personally, I prefer the old lights that have a yellow tint to them. Even though the LED lights are better for the usage of energy, I am not a fan of the bright white lights. It is not as cozy. Right now I am so excited for Thanksgiving in Seattle. And I am SO excited for Dad to decorate the outside of the house next week after I get back :-)






Even the kitchen is decorated with my favorite lighting!!!


I love the way these snowflakes look together. They obviously did not come together but when I put them next to each other I just loved the contrast.

The beanie babies may be cheesy, but I really do love them a lot.


This sign is so cute, I love the glitter all over them. It is so unique in my opinion, the way the letters hang.




The banisters look so beautiful with garland and lights wrapped around. It is my favorite decoration to look at but man it takes forever! And we had to light these ourselves last year! It took so long.




Not going to lie, the potpourri in that bowl is actually from last year...so it does not smell good anymore, but we will be getting more soon!

These stocking holders are my favorite. They are marble and they are so heavy and beautiful! We had another snowflake one, however I have not found it. (I don't remember it breaking?)


                      Too much naughty!
The animals truly love the ambiance of the Christmas lights. Too cozy. I can't wait until its cold enough to have fires in the fireplace. Maggie LOVES fires. She lays next to them right on the floor as close as she can get, all night long until they burn out.

Comments